Mini Grant Complete Details
Application Requirements and Funding Rules:
- The applicant must be a teacher or professional staff member of School District of Marinette.
- Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the proposal represents an innovative idea or opportunity not covered by district budget
- The extent to which the proposal meets one or more of the district’s educational objectives
- The potential short and long-term effect(s) of the proposal
- Reinforce the mission of district and school/curricular goals
- Requests to fund the following will not be considered:
- Direct staff expenses (i.e. salaries, training, transportation, lodging, etc.)
- Capital improvements or facility maintenance
- Extra curricular activities/programs
- Programs that should be funded out of regular operating budgets
Evaluation of Application: The Mini Grant application will be reviewed by the Marinette Educational Foundation Committee at a monthly meeting. Primary criteria will be those outlined above: innovation, alignment with educational objectives, potential effectiveness, and lack of an alternative funding source. The Board reserves the right to decide, on a case-by-case basis, to contact applicants for phone interviews or to request additional materials. Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision within one week of its meeting.
Payment of Award:
- Funds must be spent within 18 months of the date awarded
- Arrangement of purchase orders, reimbursement, etc., will be handled through the Marine Way Education Foundation (MWEF) office.
- A brief follow-up on the project’s outcome will be requested.
To apply for a Mini Grant: Your completed application and materials can be submitted using the digital form found below.